I’ve never won an award for my blog before, and I really am thrilled. Thank you, Maire.
As there is no such thing as a free lunch, I have some tasks to perform.
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you. Please see above.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself:
Please see below.
- In a spoof list of facts about myself here recently I said that my middle name was Millicent. This of course is not true. What is true is that I actually have two middle names, one of which is Maria.
- A single hair grows at the top of my left ear, just where it joins my head. All three of my children have a tiny hole in exactly the same place, so can look forward to a tufty adulthood.
- I have twice almost drowned, both times through sheer stupidity.
- When I was about six I played the third Wise King in the school nativity play, purely because this was London and the teacher loved the way I said “I bring you Myrhh” in an Irish accent.
- I have read two books that were over 1000 pages long. One, in common with many other people, was the Lord of the Rings. The other one was Gone With the Wind (I have no idea where I got it from), and let me tell you the film did not do it justice.
- I am, as far as I know, the only person on the planet who hates apple tart/pie/strudel/whatever.
- I think that “Puff the Magic Dragon” is the saddest love song ever written.