- Turn on computer.
- Start typing – anything will do.
- Forget about how tired you are, how overworked you are, how sick you are of computers by the time you finish work each day.
- Resolve that you will not moan this time about how tired you are, how overworked you are or how sick you are of computers by the time you finish work each day, because you run the risk of becoming typecast.
- Reflect that if “typecast” means typing at the speed of a man with one arm in a sling, then you’ve been typecast pretty well since you first touched a keyboard.
- Ignore this reflection and return to typing.
- Save post and hit “publish”.
- Read it over.
It’s dull, it’s pointless, it tells no story and it contains no funny jokes whatsoever.